Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The calm that quiets everything

I was lucky enough to have the day off today, it was a good day for regeneration. Once I finally escaped the house, the fresh falling snow hung in the air and crunched under foot like never before. This is the first real snow fall I've experienced in the City; it is incredible how much the snow quiets the traffic and even the thoughts. I've been revisiting why I am doing what I am. Am I doing it for God or even with him? I think the way I was hired into the Fairmont shows God at work, but I am not feeling it right now. Anyways, that is what is occupying my mind.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I always have to hang on to what I know God's done in my life in the past because it seems that in the present we lose sight of Him quite often.

Jordan said...

Real first snow fall?? I can't even move out there, gotta be like 5 feet by now!

Andrea said...

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!!

I love Christmas! yay.

Mission Musings said...

Joey, You won't regret your training, because one day you will use your gifts for God! Who knows, maybe you can even go to Millar in the fall!

David said...

ya, snow is good to calm your mind.