Monday, March 31, 2008

Step out on the Water

I've been having some doubts lately about continuing in the cooking industry. It's probably been bothering me for about 2 months now. Originally, when I started schooling my mind was not where it should have been. When I decided to go to college my original intention was to run away from God. Only by God's grace did was I returned into his fellowship.

While at school I decided that I would use my cooking to serve the Lord. I found school interesting and I liked learning about cooking, but that's changed now in this apprenticeship. I have had no desire to continue learning, the food industry seems hollow to me, only glorifying the temporary things of this world. So basically it feels like I should be doing something else.

Studying the bible takes up more of my time than studying food so logically I made the decision that bible college would be the next step for me. I'm just putting this out there I have made no decisions yet. Is it ignorant to step out to nothing on what feels like faith? Don't most people change career paths a few times? If you ask me how I got into cooking I can't honestly tell you. Please pray for me and give me some of your insight, especially those who have life experience.

No comments: