Friday, April 18, 2008

Drunk

Recently I heard a sermon on this text, 2Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. 1 Peter 2

The speaker ended the sermon by telling me to get drunk off of the spiritual milk. Like a newborn baby craves milk, that's how we are supposed to crave the things of God. Then to get drunk off of spiritual things would to have them in excess. This became even more real to me yesterday as I was waiting for the bus. A drunk women came and sat beside me and proceeded to talk to me and I talked back. She then sat beside me on the bus and talked to me until she got off the bus. She was drunk, she was talking. If we are drunk off the spiritual milk we will be talking.

"Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks". Is your hearts desire something other than the cup that Jesus drank? Does your speech edify Christ? I'll pray that it does.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I understand that we are to hide the word of God in our hearts, but I have a problem with comparing the presence of the Word of God in a person's life to being drunk. Maybe I need to hear the sermon and get some context... maybe then it would make sense. It's just a little confusing.

Joey said...

I didn't like the comparison either. It wasn't the first time I'd heard it used. It just seemed to really fit well when I heard it this time.

Jordan said...

Question: Was she hot, the drunk woman?

Question: Some people get to "drunk" spiritually, then they go crazy and form cults.

Joey said...

I'm not even going to answer your first question. If you are absolutely true to the scripture it wouldn't be a cult. Yet it may look like one, because to follow everything in the bible would scare and upset a lot if people.