Monday, December 14, 2009

If I can't see Christ I'd rather not see at all

Well, the title was going to be the entirety of this post, but I've been convinced otherwise.

I Timothy 2:5: For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.

To see Christ is an odd thing to explain, it can't be properly articulated through poems or descriptive words. Everything a christian sees ought to be through christ. I know that this is not the case for most, myself included. The best way I can describe, "seeing Christ" would be like looking through a lens that allows you not only to see but to fully realize the extent of God's grace and mercy shown through his Son. Jesus took God's holy wrath upon himself so that we could live, and even better, live in eternity at peace with a holy God despite our Sin. I know I haven't posted in a while, but this pretty much sums up from then until this point. It's been a constant struggle keeping my lens clear. It's like going into a warm humid room after being outside in -24 weather while wearing glasses. The problem with that analogy is that I would be saying Jesus is flawed, which he isn't, it's my eyes that are... full of logs.

No comments: