Thursday, March 22, 2007

Family today!

Today was officially my first day back in the dining room, which means I made fancy food, which is why i'm here. My parents and david arrive today, i am currently waiting for them. On the spiritual side, I have discovered(through reading Soul Feast by Marjorie j. Thompson, thanks Sister in law) that there is a whole different dimension to reading the bible. It is a style created by the benedictine monks. I cannot remember the latin word for it but I will tell you so you may benefit from it aswell. It starts with lectio or reading, first read the text over, do it slowly let it sink in. Next is meditatio visualize as you read so that it sticks in your mind. Then, oratio speak, sing or pray as the text moves you. Lastly, relax, meditate on what you've read, apply it to your life, extract new truths from God's word. Remember to not rush this process, set aside time daily to read the bible. Always give God the best of your time, not when you wake up tired and groggy, or when your eyes keep closing.

No comments: