Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Great Comission

When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Is this an option? NO! All the authority of God is given to us if we just follow him. I can't even grasp the concept of having all the authority of Heaven and Earth. Are we ashamed of the gospel, I hope not.
Romans 1:16 "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile".
What is holding you back? Is it your pride? Reputation? Take your faith to the streets, create disciples.I Think of all the people close to me, if they died and didn't hear of Jesus, then I blame myself. The world needs Jesus more than we need to be liked.

No comments: