Sunday, April 1, 2007

Troubled

I have started to go to You Tube more often and my findings are unpleasant. One of my friends Joseph in Dawson Creek has started up a you tube ministry. He presents facts on Christianity and debates atheism. His segments are called Skeptics Antidote. I am in all in favor of this sort of ministry if, it is done with the right attitude and the right knowledge. What troubles me is the responses. There is such hostility between atheists and Christians, rightfully so, but what really concerns me is how this hurts the ministry of Jesus. For the most part people debating atheists are just spreading hatred, and the hardening of hearts. In what way can we approach these sorts of conversations, yes with love and sensitivity, any other suggestions?

3 comments:

Nate said...

Has he adressed the "christian" responders, asking them to show love and kindness in their responses?

Joey said...

Ya I haven't seen that he has

Mission Musings said...

You need to find an atheist that has turned to Jesus and see what helped him in his journey. We have one on our staff if you care to discuss this with him. Leave me a message at mporter@soulsharbourrescuemission.org if you want his email address.